Georgian Technical University LEPL
of Georgian Technical University LEPL
- General provisions
- “InnovationsCenter” of Georgian Technical University LEPL (hereinafter GTU)is established with the initiative of faculty of Law and International Relations, faculty of Business Technologies and faculty of Engineering Economics, Media Technologies and Social Sciences within the scope of the liabilities covered under the grant project of EU Erasmus+ “Enhancing Innovation Competences and Entrepreneurial Skills in Engineering Education – “Inno CENS 573965-EEP-1-2016-1-SE-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP. “Innovations Center” operates by the self-funding principle.
- The Center operates its activities in line with the Constitution of Georgia;“Law of Georgia on Higher Education”;Charter of Legal Entity of Public Law – GTU; This provision and the legislation that is effective in Georgia;
- Special discussion can be held to discuss the reports of the Center, if requested by the Rector and the Academic Council.
- Duties and tasks of the Center
Functions of the “InnovationsCenter” are defined in line with the duties and tasks of the grant project of EU Erasmus+ “Enhancing Innovation Competences and Entrepreneurial Skills in Engineering Education – “InnoCENS 573965-EEP-1-2016-1-SE-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP:
- Adoption of innovative teaching methods and preparation of applicable project to provide further inclusion into teaching process;
- Study and organize system characteristics of successful career;
- Adoption of innovative methods for grading study outcomes and preparation of applicable projects;
- Within the competence of the Center, building relations and develop cooperation with international and local governmental and non-governmental organizations;
- Support development of innovative ideas of students and professor-teachers;
- Support the process of learning programs (syllabuses) and teaching plans (curriculums) adoption related to innovations and entrepreneurship;
- Arrange trainings, seminars and conferences to report outcomes of innovative teaching methods and professional development of academic staff;
- Promote the creation of an innovative ecosystem in the university environment for the development of entrepreneurial spirit and business consciousness;
- Participation in grant programs with the purpose of achieving goals.
- Structure and management of the Center
- “InnovationsCenter” is managed by the Head of the Center, who is appointed and dismissed by the Rector of GTU;
- Special board, that coordinates the activities of the Center in Faculties is presented by the University and/or Faculties and must be approved by the Rector of GTU;
- The staff of the Center consists of scientific, educational and supporting staff;
- The staff of the Center is appointed and dismissed by the Rector, upon the submission of the Head of the Center;
- Contracts with legal entities and individuals is concluded in accordance with the rules and forms adopted by the University.
- Head of the Center is entitled to:
- Provide various activities necessary for effective management and functioning of the Center;
- Considering competences, prepare proposals and submit to the relevant bodies of GTU, with the agreement of the Rector;
- Head of the Center, within the scope of his/her competence, is responsible for the terms of performance of the Center, its content and the nature, as well as to use, maintain, and provide proper operation of the property owned by the University, delivered with the right of usage;
- Carry out other essential activities related to effective management and functioning of the Center.
- Final provisions
- These Regulations are valid from the moment of approval by the Council of Representatives;
- The policy of regulating financial relations of Innovations Center with Georgian Technical University is determined by the rules that apply to the Georgian Technical University;
- Financial and accounting reporting forms, contracts, receipt acts and other written acknowledgments are regulated by GTU internal administrative acts;
- Any changes or additions to this provision must be carried out by the head of the center, discussed by Academic Council and approved by the Council of Representatives;
- This resolution becomes ineffective in case of approval of the new resolution or liquidation of the center;
- Reorganization or liquidation of the center should be carried out in accordance with the rules established by the administrative acts of GTU.